HammerOn Press Privacy and Cookies Policy
Respecting your privacy and being transparent on how we collect and use your data is very important to us. HammerOn Press has created this statement to explain how we collect and use information about our web users.
- We are compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements, the UK Data Protection Act, and US Fair Information Practices.
- You may give us information by creating an account, by purchasing from us, contacting us, or by opting in to our email list.
- We will only use your information as set out in this policy.
- The personal data you submit to us will only be used for the specified purposes indicated to you, and will not be passed onto unauthorized third parties without your explicit consent.
- You can contact us to amend or remove any information you submit to us.
- All payments on our website are handled by PayPal and Stripe, and HammerOn Press only stores enough information to refer to the payment method being used.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. They cannot harm your computer and do not contain any information that enable us to identify you personally, they just enable our websites to recognize your computer and to identify certain other non-personal information such as which browser you are using. This information can be used to make the website work, to identify which parts of the site can work better or to analyze how often people visit the site and what they look at. We will not associate this data with any personally identifying information that you may choose to provide to us in other ways.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
By using this website we understand that you have read this policy and agree to us sending you cookies.
Information you give us
You may give us information by creating an account, by purchasing from us, contacting us, or by signing up to our email list. We will only use your information as set out in this policy. Some examples of the information that we collect and how we use it are:
- Email list. We have an email list that we use to send out newsletters, marketing emails, sales and discount offers, and event invites. If you would like to join our email list, we need you to send us your email address and then reconfirm your interest by opting in via a confirmation email. You can join our email list on our website, at events, or by opting in to hear from us via email when creating an account on our site. We may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as your location and name, so that we can ensure that you receive the most relevant emails. We will not use your email address for any purpose other than the ones specified. You can remove yourself from our email list at any point by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button at the foot of one of our emails, or by emailing email@example.com
- Email, phone, and other contact details: You may wish to contact us from time to time by sending us emails, letters, or phoning our office. We will only use this information to respond to your query or suggestion.
- Creating an account: when you purchase from our website we need you to set up an account and provide details for delivery and billing. We will only use this information to process your order with us, and you can choose to save this information in your account for future purchasing. Your purchasing history will be stored in your account. You can request to have your account and its history deleted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect about you
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password.
We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 18 months for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Credit Card Information
We only store minimal card details on the HammerOn Press website (the card type and the last four digits, which isn’t enough to run a payment).
We accept payments through PayPal and Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Privacy and data protection
HammerOn Press complies with all applicable UK, EU and US data protection legislation in force in respect of any personal information you submit to us. The personal data you submit to us will only be used for the specified purposes indicated to you and will not be passed onto unauthorized third parties without your explicit consent. You can contact us to amend or remove any information you submit to us: email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
From time to time HammerOn Press may change this privacy notice. We advise that you check this page each time you submit personal information to us. The latest privacy notice will always appear on this page.